Jo*** and his wife had a great time in Vietnam with a carefully-crafted Vietnam tour from my travel expert – Ashley. With the dedicated support and assistance, there were no problems during the trip. Everything was just great from the itinerary, accommodation, transportation to guide and experiences.
Trip planning highlights
- 18 messages exchanged
- 2 trip plan versions shared
- Travelers completed their trip!
Day 1: Hanoi arrival
Day 2: Hanoi city tour – street food tour (B, D)
Day 3: Day trip to Hoa Lu & Trang An (B, L)
Day 4: Hanoi - Halong Bay (B, L, D) - by shuttle bus
Day 5: Halong Bay - Hanoi (B, L) - by shuttle bus
Day 6: Hanoi – Hue sightseeing (B)
Day 7: Hue – Danang – Marble Mountain – Hoi An by bus (B)
Day 8: Hoi An cooking class (B, L)
Day 9: Day trip to Bana Hills & Golden Bride (B, L)
Day 10: Hoi An free day (B)
Day 11: Hoi An free day (B)
Day 12: Hoi An - Danang - Ho Chi Minh (B, D)
Day 13: Day trip to Mekong Delta (B, L)
Day 14: Ho Chi Minh city tour – Departure (B)
Summary of the trip planning conversation
Below are some useful excerpts from the trip planning conversation
Dear Ashley, we would like you to arrange a tour for my wife and I along the same as what you did for Cy*** and Mi*** last year.
Please could you contact us with an outline of flights from Durban as well as the tour. We have been told that September is most likely the best month.
kindly let us know via email to *******@gmail.com
Thanks for your email. I got your email. Could you kindly share with me your mobile/whatsapp number so I could contact and advise you?
Or please text me at +84 902 ********* and I will call you back
Thanks Ashley, we will read over and respond but first response on initial overview is that we are happy with the cooking class but have no children and we are not wanting to go to the tunnels due to claustrophobia
Please can you let us have the price of this tour and also for the private tour
thanks a ton
Love to know that you are happy with cooking class.
For the Cu Chi Tunnels, if doing group tour, if cutting it, you could save 18USD.
For private tour, you could turn the city tour into full day by adding Thien Hau pagoda - one of the biggest pagodas in Ho Chi Minh with very peaceful atmosphere, War Museum. The rate is unchanged. If not, just keep half day city tour, and you could save 27 USD.
Let me know your ideas :)
And sorry for my mistyping so much!
Thanks for your kind understanding!
Hello Ashley, we have been doing some research and the following are places we would like to go
- Hanoi - Train Street, French Quarter, Hang Be market, Hoan Kiem Lake, Floating village Cat Ba
- Ha Long Bay boat trip
- Hue - Royal Citadel, Don Ba Market
- Some beach time
- Hoi An- Golden Bridge, Eo Gio Beach and spend time in this area due to it being a Heritage area
- Ho Chi, don't want to to the tunnels and temples but would like to go on the Melong Delta and visit rural areas
We are still waiting for the details of a trip that another friend went on to see the places they went before we finalize the itinerary
Thank you very much for your information.
As my call to you, I would like to explain in details my experiences for your trip:
- For Cat Ba, normally, it will be 4-5 star cruise. Both Halong Bay & Bai Tu Long Bay has floating villages, so I highly recommend you use Bai Tu Long Bay to avoid too many tourist.
- Eo Gio beach: As you travel in September, it’s still the good time for the beach in Hoi An. From Hoi An to Quy Nhon, it will take you around 6 hours by car. And you will have total 3 beach breaks (Hoi An, Eo Gio, Phu Quoc). It’s too much. So I highly recommend you remove Quy Nhon
- September is rainy season for Phu Quoc. The best time to visit Phu Quoc will be from November to early March. Moreover, from Ho Chi Minh to Phu Quoc, you need to take domestic flight, and one more to come back Ho Chi Minh to take your departure flight.
So I highly recommend you visit Phan Thiet – it will save cost for you more and no need to change your travel time.
Let share with me your wife number, so I could discuss with her
Wait for your ideas!
Hello Ashley, this plan looks better but we would like to stay in Hoi An/Danang for one day longer to visit the golden hands bridge before leaving for Saigon and arrive on day 11 so that we don’t miss the Megong Delta trip. The rest is fine
Thank you very much for your patience
Please help me check the attached file for the updated itinerary with 1 more night in Hoi An and day trip to Bana Hills & Golden Bridge. Kindly spend time to discuss with your beloved wife and let me know your decision
Noted with thanks that check the information I noted on the itinerary for domestic flights as well.
Enjoy your day!
Hello Ashley, thank you for the update, with regards to the payment of the balance outstanding, I will be paying my portion of $1501.00 in cash when we arrive.
Deb**** and An***** will advise you on their portion payment, via return email.
please can you assist with the following for us to have some estimation of cost and availability.
1. What is the cost to hire mobile scooter minimum of 125cc in Hoi An
2. Where will the best place be for us to buy mobile phone sim cards in Hanoi when we arrive, we need two on for each couple
3. What is the cost to hire bicycles in Hanoi and Hoi An
I will be wonderful for you to meet us at the hotel when we arrive, we look forward to this.
Thank you so much for your email.
Regarding your questions, please find my answer as below:
1. Motorcycle rental fee for 125cc will be around 150.000 VND to 200.000 VND (6 – 10 USD/day)
2. The best place to buy sim-card is at the airport, it will be around 10 USD/each with 4G data for 30 days. You should buy VIETTEL sim card.
3. The bicycle is free at your hotel, so no need to rent.
Let me know if you have any questions.