The little town of Hoi An is known as the Tailoring capital of Vietnam, that’s why it’s definitely a perfect place for fabric shopping in Hoi An. There are a plethora of fabric shops scattered around the town with different types, materials, and quality. Hoi An Cloth Market is quite a great place to get some fabrics at an affordable price. The market is pretty big and packed with a variety of fabric stalls. Choose your favorite, check out the quality and bargain, of course, if you want to get more bang for your buck.
Some popular fabric shops in Hoi An
- Hoi An Cloth Market- Cam Chau, Hoi An
- Ha Na Cloth Shop- 85 Tran Hung Dao Street
- Rubin Cloth Shop- 662 Hai Ba Trung Street
- Sunny Cloth Shop- 9 Tran Phu Street
- Bebe Cloth Shop- 05-07 Hoang Dieu Street
>> You May Like: 11 Days Best of Vietnam Tour <<
2. Tailor-made clothing
Shopping tailor-made clothing in Hoi An is a delightful experience for any shopping addicts in this vibrant city. Hoi An is home to more than 300 tailors and leather workers making it a super overwhelming place for outlet shopping. Within 24-48 hours, you can get your favorite item whether you are looking for a nice dress, suites or a coat. All you need to do is find a reliable shop, choosing your favorite material, color, asking for your own style and design and waiting for your complete outlet. Make sure to read some shopping tips in Hoi An on TripAdvisor- one of the most trustworthy review sites to make your own decision of where to get perfect tailor-made clothing in Hoi An.
Some famous cloth shops and tailors in Hoi An
- Bi Bo Design - 42 Tran Hung Dao Street
- BeBe's - 09 Hoang Dieu Street
- A Dong Silk- 62 Tran Hung Dao Street
- BIBI SILK - 13 Phan Chu Trinh
- Tony The Tailor - 294 Nguyen Duy Hieu Street
>> Consider our Vietnam Travel Deals for Hot Promotion for South African Tourists <<
3. Ready-to-wear clothing
In addition to the customized clothing, it’s not hard to find a ready-to-wear outlet in this little town. If you have less interest in tailoring and spend less time in the city, then give already-made cloth a chance. In Hoi An, there are several boutique shop houses selling fashionable ready-to-wear clothing, shoes, home furnishings or accessories from different Vietnamese-based brands. Although shopping prices for this are much higher than that of tailor-made clothing, it’s still worth if you’re willing to pay for good design and good quality. There is a wide selection of ready-to-wear cloth with unique designs from hand-painted silk dresses, accessories, T-shirts, leisurewear to swimsuits.
Ready-to-wear shop list in Hoi An:
- The O Collective - 85 Nguyen Thai Hoc, Hoi An, Vietnam
- Metiseko- 140 Tran Phu Street
- Hot Chili Hoi An – 86 Nguyen Thai Hoc
- Ava’na- 57 Le Loi Street
- Oche- 20 Tran Hung Dao Street
4. Handmade Hand Bags
Leather bags are something so special and popular during your shopping in the ancient town of Hoi An. The designs are amazing with high quality. There is a variety of styles for you to choose from handbags, laptop bags, travel bags to wallets. All you need to do is choose your design, fabric, and color and then get your favorite bag in one day.
Famous Leather Bag Shops in Hoi An
- Friendly Leather Bag Shop- 44 Phan Boi Chau Street
- Tu Chi Leather Bag – 22 Phan Boi Chau
5. Customized shoes
Getting around Hoi An shopping center, you may be enchanted with a wide collection of shoes. It should definitely be on the bucket list of what to buy in Hoi An, besides well-known clothes. Unlike shoe shops in other areas, you can have hand-made shoes here with the style and design as per your desire.
Well-known Shoe Shops in Hoi An
- Friendly Shoe Shop: 18 Tran Phu Street
- Linh Shoe Shop: 16 Tran Phu Street
- 09 Shoe Shop – 65 Tran Hung Dao Street
>> Book Now: Saigon to Hanoi Tour 24% OFF <<
6. Silk Ties and Scarves
Hoi An was once famous for its silk road which is the reason why so many accessories are made of silk. If you’re wondering what to buy in this Hoi An shopping trip, make sure to check out some of the famous silk shops for graceful ties or scarves. It would be just a perfect choice.
You can find these little charming items in the fabric shop or cloth stores that line along Hoi An shopping streets or markets. The price is affordable ranging from $7 for a scarf or a tie.
Famous store for great ties and scarves
- Cocoon – 55 Tran Phu Street
7. Accessories and Jewelry
If you have a fancy on charm and elite, then take a look at a wide collection of elegant accessories displayed in almost all the clothing stores, jewellery shops or Hoi An shopping malls or centers. Marvel at the gorgeous pieces of jewellery from sparkling bracelets, rings to luxurious necklaces, all come with beautiful designs.
Best Hoi An Jewellery shops
- Lotus Jewellery Hoi an- 82 Tran Phu Street
- Water lily Jewellery – 77 Phan Chu Tring Street
- Duong Jewelry and Objects- 130 Nguyen Thai Hoc Street
- Bien Bac Jewellery Shop – 55 Hoang Dieu Street
- Silver lanterns Hoi An – 120 Nguyen Thai Hoc Street
While strolling around the cobblestone streets of Hoi An shopping districts, you may be allured by the colorful lanterns hanging from the rafters and around the corner. This makes the city more romantic and charming. If you love craft shopping in Hoi An, don’t miss the chance to buy some lovely lanterns made of bamboo and silk fabric in different sizes and shapes. You can buy lanterns in some handicraft stores or even take part in a Hoi An shopping tour, visit a workshop and create your own lantern.
List of workshops for buying lanterns in Hoi An
- Hoi An Lanterns Shop- 424 Hung Vuong Street
- Ngoc Thu Lantern Workshop -109 Tran Phu Street
- Hoi An Handicraft Workshop – 09 Nguyen Thai Hoc Street
- Nguyen Boi Lam Lantern - 97 Tran Phu Street
Souvenir shopping is undoubtedly the cannot-afford-to-miss experience during your shopping tour in Hoi An. This laid-back town boasts hundreds of souvenir and gift shops with a wide collection from high-end ceramics and textiles to delightful antiques. Just immerse in a wide range of options for a beautiful gift, it’s your pick. Make sure to get some “to he”- very popular and unique souvenirs in Hoi An and bring back home as a memento of sweet holiday in Vietnam.
Top Souvenir Shops in Hoi An
- Be Ny Souvenir Shop – 11 Pham Hong Thai Street
- Reaching Out Arts and Crafts – 103 Nguyen Thai Hoc Street
- Bloom Hoi An Store – 6 Nguyen Thi Minh Khai Street
Art shopping is one of the most beloved things to do in Hoi An. You have no trouble in finding a place selling beautiful paintings as there are a plethora of art galleries around the town. Most of the paintings depict the traditional Vietnamese life, rural landscapes, people or costumes created by talented local artisans. Indulge yourself with a beautiful piece of art as a lovely gift for your beloved ones.
Famous Art Galleries in Hoi An
- Precious Heritage Art Gallery Museum – 26 Phan Boi Chau Street
- Hoi An Art Gallery – 14 Tran Phu Street
- March Gallery – 25 Phan Boi Chau Street
- Alley Artist House – Minh An Ward, Hoi An
With all the hidden gems that Hoi An has to offer, you will absolutely get an ultimate shopping experience with our all-inclusive Hoi An shopping guide. Tick off all the things you want to buy and get ready to plan your Vietnam holiday with VNZA for a lifetime trip.
Related: The 8 Coolest Things to Buy in Hanoi