Saigon Restaurants: Top 10 Best Places To Eat In Saigon
22 Apr 2019
As one of the most enticing go-to destinations in Southeast Asia, the vibrant city of Saigon is a delight hub for foodies around the world thanks to a wide range of fantastic restaurants serving different tastes from French, Chinese, Western to authentic Vietnamese flavours. Explore some impressive dining venues with the list of best restaurants that this dynamic metropolis has to offer.
1. Quan An Ngon- Best Taste of Traditional Vietnamese Cuisine
Ngon means delicious. As the name suggests, Quan An Ngon is one of the most popular restaurants in Saigon with all the good things: nice setting, great concept, delicious authentic dishes, and good price. The menu comprises of a bunch of Vietnam’s signature foods in all regions from spring rolls, Pho, noodle soups, cakes. If you’re looking for authentic Vietnamese cuisine delights, it is the place for you. In addition to traditional Vietnamese cuisine, the Western tastes are also added to the menu offering a variety of options for locals and foreigners alike. Take a seat in open-air rooms or in the charming courtyard, choose some of your favorite dishes, drink some fresh beer and mingle with the locals are some great experiences you will definitely enjoy when visiting Quan An Ngon.
- Address: 160 Pasteur, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
- Opening Hours: 8.00 am- 10.30 pm
- Price: from 8.5 – 24 USD
>> See our Vietnam Travel Deals for South African travelers <<
2. 4Ps Pizza Saigon - Best Pizza in Vietnam
If you are a big fan of pizza, then do not miss to check out this stunning restaurant in Saigon Vietnam. This modern restaurant is a great fusion of Italian and Japanese touch offering a unique pizza experience in a pleasant vibe. The service is excellent and the price is as engaging as the food. Nestled down a narrow valley, it’s not easy to find the restaurant but it’s worth if you want to try the best pizza of Saigon or even all of Vietnam. Pizzas at 4P’s will, no doubt, win over your heart from the first bite.
- Address: 8/15 Le Thanh Ton Street
- Opening Hours: 10.00 am- 11.00 pm
- Price: around 12 USD
3. Banh Mi Huynh Hoa- Best Banh Mi in Saigon
Getting a big love of the locals and foreigners, Banh Mi Huynh Hoa has become one of the most banh mi sandwich restaurants in all of Saigon. Many foodies and bloggers call it the best in Saigon for a reason: incredibly meaty and rich with excellent flavour. The Banh Mi here is a perfect combination of different types of meat, fresh pate, salad, herbs, and a well-baked baguette. Whether you’re looking for an early dinner or unique street food, give it a try and see how it win the hearts of so many people.
- Address: 26 Le Thi Rieng, Ben Thanh Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh
- Opening Hours: 3.30 pm till midnight
- Price: around 1.4 USD
4. Pho Hoa Pasteur - Oldest Pho in Ho Chi Minh
Touted as the city’s oldest restaurant with a long legacy, Pho Hoa is one of the best restaurants in Saigon to savour the most popular dish of noodle soup. The restaurant has been around forty years old and run by successive generations of a family which helps to create a secret of unique flavour. In addition to a bowl of pho with clean broth, chewy beef, and fresh herbs, there is a plate of deep fried bread to delight the palate of the entire dish.
- Address: 260C Pasteur, Ward 8, District 3, Ho Chi Minh
- Opening Hours: 6.00 am- 12.00 am
- Price: around 2 -3 USD
5. Bun Thit Nuong 88 Nguyen Hue - Vermicelli Noodles with Grilled Pork
Bun thit nuong is a popular Vietnamese dish including rice vermicelli, Vietnamese pickles, grilled pork, and a crispy fried spring roll. It is very tasty street food in Vietnam along with Pho or Banh mi. Nestled hidden behind a painting shop, this little restaurant is a familiar place for most of Saigon people. Bun thit nuong cha gio here is quite special as a unique fusion of the Northern and Southern style and elite.
- Address: 88 Nguyen Hue Street, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1
- Opening Hours: 8.00 am- 4.00 pm
- Price: around 1.4 USD
6. Cuc Gach Restaurant - Homecook
Cuc Gach Restaurant is ranked as one of the top best restaurants in Saigon. Set in a serene area, this Gourmet Vietnamese Food restaurant offers a cosy and pleasant vibe with an exquisite menu full of Vietnamese mom-cooked food. The food here is dedicated to popular Vietnamese family meals engaged in the sweet memories of a Vietnamese childhood. Apart from home-cooked dishes, there is also a selection of homemade ice-cream with different flavours.
- Address: 10 Dang Tat, Tan Dinh Ward, Phu Nhuan District, HCMC
- Opening Hours: 9.00 am – 11.00 pm
- Price: 10 - 25 USD
7. Mountain Retreat
As the name implies, Mountain Retreat is a great place to soak up the fancy ambience while exploring Vietnamese traditional cuisine. Perched above Ho Chi Minh downtown, Mountain Retreat offers a secluded escape from the bustle of the big city and a selection of tasty food. The intriguing interiors of the restaurant are inspired by mountain landscape creating a very earthy setting as you dine. Good food, fantastic vibe, and excellent service are the reasons why it gets into the list of best restaurants in Ho Chi Minh.
- Address: 36 Le Loi, District 1, Ben Nghe Ward, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Opening Hours: 10:00 am - 9:30 pm
- Price: 5 - 25 USD
8. Poke Saigon Restaurant- Authentic Hawaiian Taste
Originating from Hawaii, Poke has become a hot trend worldwide. This colourful Hawaiian salad comes with rice, raw fish, tropical fruits and a plethora of tasty toppings and sauces offering a healthy choice for lunch or dinner. Poke Saigon was the first one to open in the city. Cozy atmosphere and a pleasant setting make it a charming place to enjoy a bowl. At Poke Saigon, you can create your own dish with additional ingredients as per your preference.
- Address: 42 Nguyen Hue, Ben Nghe Ward, Ho Chi Minh
- Opening Hours: 10:00 am - 9:00 pm
- Price: 6-9 USD
9. Banh Xeo Muoi Xiem (Crispy Pancake)
Banh Xeo Muoi Xiem is a popular restaurant located in the heart of Ho Chi Minh City. This amazing place offers some traditional Southern dishes including Banh Xeo, Che, Banh Khot. When it comes to the best pancakes in Saigon, it may come immediately to the mind of many people. The shrimp meat in this traditional dish still remains its original flavours along with fresh raw vegetables, bold dipping sauce, and a crispy big cake. All in one making it delicious enough to ask for more and come back again.
- Address: 204 Nguyen Trai, Pham Ngu Lao Ward, District 1
- Opening Hours: 10.00 am – 10.00 pm
- Price: 2 - 5 USD
10. Com Tam Ba Ghien (Broken Rice)
If you’re looking for a delicious and big meal in Saigon, make your way to Com Tam Ba Ghien – a well-known restaurant in Saigon and also the best place to enjoy a simple meal with grilled pork chopped on the top of rice. Although the restaurant is not the only one serving this common meal, it’s properly the best of its kind – grand and glorious. The light and fluffy texture of broken rice perfectly combined with the firmness of the pork offering a memorable meal.
- Address: 84 Dang Van Ngu, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Opening hours: 6 am – 10 pm daily
- Price: around 1.5- 2 USD
With a plethora of restaurants in Saigon Vietnam, you can find your own taste in this vibrant city whether you’re looking for authentic Vietnamese dishes, Western flavors or unique street food which can’t be found anywhere else on earth. Create your own memories with our amazing Vietnam travel guide!
- Discover the Magnificent Beauty of Co To Island - An Unexplored Paradise in Northern Vietnam
- Top Reasons to Make Phu Quoc Your Next Destination in Vietnam
- Enjoy a Memorable Day Out with the Best Day Trips From Hanoi
- Vietnam Cable Car: Best Spots That Make You Won't Believe Your Eyes
- 10 Best Places To Stay In Vietnam For The South African Families With Kids
- Travel to Vietnam without Worry with Vietnamtour.co.za
- Explore the Secret of the 10 Most Unique Temples in Vietnam
- The 10 Best Photogenic Spots in Vietnam For Some Instagram - Worthy Shots