Ho Chi Minh Street Food Suggestions
11 Jul 2017
Ho Chi Minh street food is cheap and delicious. Eating street food in Ho Chi Minh is more than that, it is about the atmosphere and the ambiance of the city offer.
Check out our recommendations for street food taste and where to find them.
Hu Tieu is one of the dishes that have huge amount of food lovers not only in Ho Chi Minh City but also the whole country. Hu Tieu is a dish of rice noodle with slices of pork, shrimp, a quail egg all together in a bowl of clear sweet broth seasoned with shallots, spring onions and kale.
Hu Tieu Nam Vang, rice noodle with pork, shrimp, quail eggs.
• Price range: 25.000 ~60.000 VND (15 Rand ~ 35 Rand)
• Location: - 448 Nguyen Thi Minh Khai Street, Ho Chi Minh City (5 p.m to 10 p.m)
- Cao Thang Street, Ho Chi Minh City (street vendor)
Despite the similar appearance of crepe or Thailand’s oyster omelet, banh xeo has its own distinctive taste and becomes most popular dish among Saigonese. Banh Xeo (“xeo” means sizzling) is a thin layer of batter fried in big pan of oil then combined with ingredients of your choice including slices of pork belly, shrimp, and onions, then folded over with a handful of lightly cooked bean sprouts in the middle.
Banh Xeo in Ho Chi Minh City.
• Price range: 90.000 ~ 110.000 VND (53 Rand ~ 65 Rand)
• Location: - 46 Dinh Cong Trang, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
- 004 Lo H, Su Van Hanh Street, District 10, Ho Chi Minh City.
Banh khot is rice cake made in mini-size and they are fried and served with fresh mustard leaves and herbs as well as sweetened fish sauce for dipping.
Some people might prefer rolling banh khot. For example, you can put banh khot on a bed of lettuce then add some herbs, pickled carrot, radish slices then roll it up and dip into the sweetened fish sauce.
A plate of Banh Khot.
How to eat banh khot in a lettuce bed.
• Price range: 15.000 ~35.000 VND (9 Rand ~ 20 Rand)
• Location: - 102 Cao Thang Street, District 3, Ho Chi Minh City
- 7 Dong Nai Street, District 10, Ho Chi Minh City
- 168A Nguyen Van Dau Street, Binh Thanh District, Ho Chi Minh City.
COM TAM SUON NUONG – RICE WITH GRILLED PORKCHOPS
Rice is commonly known as stapled food of Vietnam. We eat rice for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Com tam suon nuong is one of Vietnam’s rice based dishes. The most basic version of Com tam suon nuong is rice with thin grilled porkchops, cucumber pickles, fried egg on the side served in one plate.
Com tam suon nuong - rice with grill pork chops
• Price range: 40.000 ~60.000 VND (23,5 Rand ~ 35 Rand)
• Location: 84 Dang Van Ngu, Phu Nhuan District, Ho Chi Minh City
OC – SNAILS AND SHELLFISH
For a classic Sai Gon night out, it is best to sit on low plastic chairs next to plastic tables with plates of “Oc” – snails and shellfish on. A wide range of dishes are offered from oysters, clams, crab claws, sea snails on the menu.
Shellfish and snail stall display.
Snails stirred with chilli sauce.
• Price range: 40.000 ~100.000 VND (23,5 Rand ~ 59 Rand)
• Location: - Oc A Soi, 237 – 239 Nguyen Thuong Hien Street, District 3, Ho Chi Minh City.
- 534 Vinh Khanh Street, District 4, Ho Chi Minh City.
BANH TRANG TRON – MIXED THIN RICE PAPER
Banh trang is thin rice paper, therefore banh trang tron is a mixture of thin rice paper with a variation of ingredients: Vietnamese coriander and basil, pieces of squid, salty fish, quailed eggs and chilly dried beef.
Banh trang tron, thin rice paper mixed with herbs, eggs and dried beef.
• Price range: 20.000 VND ( ~12 Rand)
• Location: 38 Nguyen Thuong Hien, District 3, Ho Chi Minh City
» For the real taste, join us with our Ho Chi Minh Tour today!