Visa on Arrival to Laos
04 Aug 2017
If you intend to enter Laos as a tourist, visa on arrival is the most convenient way to enter Lao. Just make sure you have a valid passport and plan to arrive at one of the Lao international ports of entry where visas on arrival are issued.
WHERE TO GET IT
- The Lao visas on arrival are available at:
- Lao international airports in Vientiane, Luang Prabang, Pakse and Savannakhet,
- Lao-Thai Friendship Bridges in Vientiane, Thakaek, and Savannakhet.
- Tha Naleng train station in Vientiane.
- Some international land border crossing points.
Laos grants visa exemption to some ASEAN member countries as well as some non-ASEAN nations. Here is the list of visa-free eligible countries and duration of stays. (The list is applied to Ordinary Passports)
|Brunei||14 Days||Japan||15 Days|
|Cambodia||30 Days||Mongolia||30 Days|
|Indonesia||30 Days||Russia||15 Days|
|Malaysia||30 Days||South Korea||15 Days|
|Myanmar||14 Days||Luxembourg||15 Days|
|Philippines||30 Days||Switzerland||15 Days|
Laos Government has put a restriction on some countries not allowing them to enter Lao with visa on arrival. However, visitors from these countries can still visit Lao and ask for a visa through the third party – an intermediary country’s Lao embassy – to apply for tourist visas.
|7||Cote d'Ivoire||22||Sri Lanka|
VISA ON ARRIVAL PROCEDURE
- A passport with 6 months validity and blank page for visa stamp
- Visa application form
- Two recent passport photographs
- Visa fee. Normally, visa fee costs from $30 to $42
Application form for a visa is often given to tourists on the airplane if you are traveling by air. For tourists arrive by land, the application form is available at visa window.
Once the form has been completed, visitors should hand over the passport, 2 photographs as well as visa fee.
At major airports, it takes around 15 to 20 minutes to issue a visa. Delays are possible if the visa is issued in the afternoons, weekends or public holidays.
» Now, you are ready for Laos Day Tours with us!