Hanoi to Sapa Tour by Train
Hanoi - Lao Cai - Sapa
|Price/p Hotel||Twin Share||Single Traveller|
Being one of the most enchanting towns in North Vietnam, Sapa has become a popular destination thanks to the natural beauty created by pictuesque landscape of mountains, green hills and valley and small villages.This tour from Hanoi to Sapa with a night train will be a special experience during your dicovery of Vietnam.
Click each to open or Expand All
This evening, our guide and driver will meet and take you to Hanoi Railway Station for an overnight train to Lao Cai located on the north of Vietnam. Next early morning, you will reach Lao Cai where your exciting adventure will be truly started.
After getting at Lao Cai station, you will be transferred uphill the great Hoang Lien Son mountain to Sapa - one of the interesting destinations in north Vietnam. The scenic drive will take you through the vast valleys and beautiful rice paddies offering stunning scenery.
After breakfast, set off your walking tour to a local market where you can be surprised by the colorfulness of traditional clothes of the locals who come and sell their local products. You could buy something as a gift to save your amazing trip in this charming land. Take the chance to interact with the friendly locals and have some memorable pictures with them.
After some time exploring the market, transfer uphill to the top of Ham Rong Mountain - home to different kinds of flowers with their enchanting beauty welcoming any tourist. This makes the place an interesting place to enjoy and relax in the beauty of nature. You also visit a mini museum which provides you a deeper knowledge about different ethnic minorities on the peaceful land of Sapa.
In the afternoon, our experienced guide and driver will accompany you on the way to the beautiful Silver Waterfall - a popular attraction in this mountainous area. After immersing in the natural beauty, continue onto Tram Ton - the highest mountain pass in Vietnam. Here, you will be rewarded with the magnificent views of Hoang Lien Son mountain range and the surrounding areas.
Head back to the hotel for relax. Dinner on your own. Overnight at your hotel.
Start your new day with an excursion to the fabulous Muong Hoa Valley. Leaving the busy town behind, you will follow a beautiful road surrounded by mountain range and the charming valley. There is no better way to unwind in the nature like this. During your trip, you will be welcomed by the delightful sound of birds and the verdant scenery.
Along the way, there will be some stops to visit several tribal villages such as Y Linh Ho, Lao Chai, Ta Van. There are various chances to observe and experience the unqiue local way of life of different ethnic minorities such as Day, H'mong, Red Dao.
In the afternoon, transfer back to Sapa as your adventure comes to an end. After a short rest, it's time to say goodbye to Sapa. Transfer back to Lao Cai station for an overnight train back to Hanoi. In the next morning, arrive in Hanoi. End of services.
List of hotels we use: Best price, strategic locations, carefully-checked.
|Budget||3 - Star||4 - Star||5 - Star|
|Sapa||Sunny Moutain||Amazing Sapa||Victoria Sapa|
This is one of the best options for travelers to choose when traveling to Northern Vietnam. Sapa has too many interesting things to explore and activities to join.
Depending on your time, you can stay longer in Sapa and explore deeper about local ethnic minorities. Contact your travel consultant to discuss about special activities such as hard trekking, biking, motorbike or home stay.
The best time to visit Sapa:
- September: best time for harvest season
- December: cool weather
- March until April: normal weather - not too hot or too cool
- May till August: quite hot but sunny
- October and November: foggy
There are some special notes for this Sapa trip:
- We will arrange our local guide to meet you at your hotel in Hanoi and then assist you to Hanoi Station to check in your cabin.
- The cabin is shared cabin with 4 soft sleepers. If you want to stay in a private cabin, you can pay extra. For example, if your group has 2 persons, you can pay extra 80USD/ cabin/ way.
- On your arrival Lao Cai station, you will meet our local guide there.
- On the day back to Hanoi station, you will manage the transportation to your next destination on your own. If you want to have pick up guide and car, please contact with your travel consultant for more details.
- If you want to travel to Sapa in the weekend or during Vietnamese holidays (the end of April and August), you should have early plan to avoid fully booked of train tickets and hotels in Sapa
- Beside train option, you can consider tourist bus from Hanoi - Sapa - Hanoi
We suggest you combine this Sapa tour with some beautiful itineraries as below:
Our prices are valid for daily departures (except some special case as explained below) for group from 1 to 6 pax. If your party has more than 6 adults, please send us an email, we will advise our best price for your group.
For children, please note:
+ Children under 2 years old: Free of charge (maximum 2 adults with 1 child under 2 years old)
+ Children from 2 to 5 years old: 50% price of adults
+ Children from 5 to 11 years old: 75% price of adults
+ Children from 12 years old: as adult
Our prices are not valid for some special occasions and peak season as below:
° Christmas and New Year (normally, there will be surcharge for Gala Dinner on 24.Dec and 31.Dec Eves – applied for 4 and 5 star hotels)
° Vietnam Lunar New Year – from 13.Feb.2018 – 18.Feb.2018 – if you travel during this period, there will have surcharge for some services – we will advise you clearly at the time of booking
- 3 day tour of Sapa exploring the picturesque beauty and colourful hill tribes.
- 3 nights' accommodation - 1 night in Sapa and 2 nights on the overnight train.
- 4 meals included in the package.
- Return overnight train from Hanoi to Lao Cai Station.
- All transfers – You will be taken to the train station in Hanoi, collected in Lao Cai on arrival, all transport throughout your time in Sapa and again you will be met at the station in Hanoi and transferred to your hotel in Hanoi.
- Air conditioned mini van for all overland transport.
- English speaking guide.
- Entrance and sightseeing fees as stated in the itinerary.
- International flight tickets – We would be happy to provide you with a quote for international flights. Flights from South Africa to Vietnam are approximately $700-$1100 per person return. The actual price varies depending on departure city, time of year and luck of the draw! Let’s contact us for more details.
- Vietnam visa stamp fee: 25USD per person
- Personal expenses (laundry, telephone, drinks, tip...)
- Travel insurance